Saturday, April 19, 2014

Pinterest Challenge! 

Homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs!

 

 

I'm always turning to Pinterest these days for recipes, and I don't know about you, but I have that moment of panic wondering if it will turn out or be a total flop. Reese's peanut butter eggs are one of my absolute favorite candies of Easter! Over Christmas I had a lot of of success making truffle recipes from Pinterest. So I turned to my boards again and looked for a yummy treat for the children's basket this year! This recipe I spotted on Cincy Shopper and it is Ahh mazing! This is a super easy recipe and you must check out their wonderful page!

Ingredients

1 cup Peanut Butter
1/4 cup Butter
1 tsp Vanilla
1 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
6-8 oz of semi sweet chocolate chip

 

Directions:
Melt the peanut butter and butter for 1 minute in microwave.
Stir until blended.
Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well.
Divide mixture into 10 portions and shape into a egg shape. For this step I used a large table spoon to form the egg  shape.
Place on tin foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet and place in fridge for 20 minutes.
Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds to 1 minute then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
Using a fork, dip egg into chocolate and flip to cover completely. Lift with fork and gently remove the excess chocolate on edge of the bowl.  While they are still soft you can use assorted sprinkles to decorate your eggs.
Place back on foil/parchment paper.
Refrigerate 10 minutes until chocolate has set.

 

 

I am super excited to see the children's faces tomorrow when they find these treats in their baskets!

 

 Let me know if you try this recipe, I'd love to hear how it worked out for you.

Have a Blessed Day! 



1 comment:

  1. Those eggs look amazing! Hope your kids will LOVE them! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete