My obsession for makeup started at a young age, much to my Mother's dismay and I followed that love as an adult by going to Cosmetology School. So it's only natural that I've got a love for everything beauty related. My inspiration came from wanting to create wearable looks for a gal in my age group (I'm nearing 40 people)! This need came from not wanting to only wear mascara as I aged.
My search for an up to date make up artist stopped at You Tube makeup guru Tatiana Ward. She's so detailed in teaching and down to earth. I just love her tutorials! She also teaches make up classes around the country and has done the makeup of many stars including Nicki Minaj. You must check out her channel on You Tube if you want to be inspired Beatfacehoney/Tatiana Ward.
Now that we know who my inspiration is, let's get on to the tutorial!!
Bronze Nude Cut Crease Pictorial:
I began the look by lightly moisturizing my face, and applying Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in Ivory with a flat foundation brush.
Eye lid is primed with Elf Eye Primer in Sheer.
Next I used a flat shadow brush with light tan over the lid and and continued by using the flat side to create a line for the crease.
For the crease area I used a dark bronze mixed with black. I extended the crease area up with a tad more of the bronze color using a fluffy crease brush, my motto, blend, blend and blend!
A tiny dab of bronze was used to line the outside 3rd of my eye on the top and bottom.
For the under eye liner I used gold from the tear duct and blended with the bronze on the corner.
Finishing touches were a dab of white in the inner corner and brow bone. In the water line I used NYX Wonder Pencil in Light to really brighten my eyes and make them pop.
A simple coat of NYC Sky Rise mascara was used to coat the lashes.
The shadows can also be used with a damp brush to intensify the colors as well,
though in this tutorial I used them dry.
The camera does not do this look justice by far!!
It really is an easy look to do, I feel it's totally wearable for day since you don't have a liner or winged effect. If you want to transition this look for After Hours, you simply add a bit more of the bronze and more of the soft black to subtly darken the outer corners and you are good to go!
Now for the GIVEAWAY! It will run from October 9-October 24, 2014
One lucky winner will be chosen to win this lovely palette and a new dual ended brush by Crown Brush! Perfect compact size and great for travel!
Here are the steps to enter:
- Head over to my Facebook Page and Give Us a Like, you MUST be a follower on Facebook. Liking our blog and following on Instagram would be nice too, but is not required.
- Head to: Diva Darlings Gifts & Treasures
- Click the Giveaway Tab and follow the instructions.
- Giveaway is open to U.S. Residents, for shipping purposes. You must be 18 years old to enter, if you are under age, I will request a parents email and confirmation with their permission first before shipping.
- For the consideration of others, and the hard work that I do put into my shop, blog etc. I request that you be a true follower and not a fake Facebook account set up strictly for winning Giveaways. Please be considerate to that request.
- Finally, these items were purchased by me, and are not sponsored by anyone other than myself.