Thursday, October 2, 2014

September's Beauty Finds From Ipsy & More

Happy October! I just can't believe we are in October already! It feels like just yesterday we were celebrating Labor Day. In Septembe,r I collected up a few beauty goodies that I am pretty excited with and wanted to share them with you. So let's get started shall we?

At the end of August I signed up for Ipsy's subscription "Glam Bag". In case you haven't heard of Ipsy, they are taking the beauty world by storm! You Tube beauty star Michelle Phan began Ipsy's beauty subscription service back in 2012. How it works is you take a "beauty quiz" when you sign up to find out your basic style and cosmetic likes, and they compile a beauty bag for you each month for only $10.00. It is usually 5 products and an adorable cosmetic bag to put all your goodies in.
Since I am a pretty busy I felt like this would be perfect for me, I mean 10 bucks isn't too bad to get the latest in beauty products delivered to my door each month. In addition to your bag You Tube Beauty Stylists like Chrispy and desimakeup will show you looks you can try out yourself with products from your bag.


Here we have it, September's Glam Bag. The inspiration for this past month was Street Style.



In this months bag (which what is not to love about this little bag with studs) from left to right:

My personal fav from this bag Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in Basic Instinct. It is the prettiest peachy nude color, perfect for my fair skin and just in time for fall. The gloss goes on smooth and is not sticky or scented at all, which I loved! After the shiny gloss wears off a bit, you are still left with a nice cream tint to your lips. I call it evolutionary lip gloss for sure.

The Pacifica Eyeliner pencil is in the color Fringe. I was pleasantly surprised with this pencil. For one pencils don't usually appeal to me as they can be hard and pull on the skin. Not this one, it glides on smoothly and is easily blended for a nice smoky eye. Word has it you can purchase Pacifica at Target too!

Mitchell & Peach Luxury Hand Cream mini tube is perfect for tossing in your purse when you need a bit of moisturizer on the go. Though I have not heard of this company before, it boasts  that the cream is blended with Vitamin E and Shea butter as well as natural botanicals from the Mitchell Estate. It has a nice light lavender smell like an English garden.

A lovely dual ended makeup brush by Crown Brush which is awesome for traveling. I chose not to use this brush but offer it in an upcoming Giveaway I will be having soon. I have three sets of brushes, and I don't need one more. I figured there would be a gal out there who would love to win it!

NYX Hot Single Eye shadow in Velvet Velours is such a pretty color. It's like a light nude with a hint of bronze/gold shimmer. It goes on smoothly and it works best for me as a brow highlighter.






My other finds were some fun and cheap individual lashes from Select Lash. I have always wanted to try individuals lashes, they take a bit of practice to apply, but the look is so natural, it's amazing!

I popped over to my local Dollar Store last week to find some Halloween goodies, and there were these cute Cheetah print nail stickers from Essie. I adore Cheetah print everything, so I had to get them. So excited to try them out.

Those Kiss light as a feather lashes...hmmm well. They looked cute in the box, with their pretty tapered ends and clear strips to give you a natural look. But let me tell you they were a pain to put on! Not really sure if it's the lash glue that's making them come up on the ends, or they just aren't for me. I'll have to keep experimenting with those babies.

In love with my Wet N Wild Matte Lipstick in Just Peachy. It really reminds me of the Cailyn Lip gloss, don't you think?


I was lucky enough to pop into Ulta for their 21 Days of Beauty Sale, and I scored a Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black. My friend had me try Bare Minerals last fall and I have been hooked since.

Well, there you have it! I couldn't be more tickled with this past month's beauty finds! I'll leave you with the link to sign up at Ipsy, when you sign up with Ipsy, there can be a waiting list. I shared their required posts about their products and got off the list right away. Once you sign up you receive 100 points, which when you save them you can earn other beauty promotions they offer too.  I receive points too when you sign up with me. If you decide to try them out, let me know what you think!

Ipsy sign up: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1lxel?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Best Fashionable Wishes!



No comments:

Post a Comment